Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Alls I know is I seen the excape.

Tomorrow at work I'm going to see if I can forget grammar and proper sentence structure.
It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people blatantly mispronounce or misuse words correctly.
Time I see if I'm the only retard who pays attention to things like that. Every chance I get I'll fuck with words and pronunciation and see if anyone corrects me. Not likely, but never the less, worth the experiment.

The main mispronunciations or misuses that really fucking get me going are:
Excape (escape) - I had to excape from that meeting before I fell asleep.
Suposebly - Suposebly, I have a brain in my head.
Seen - Oh yeah? I seen that movie on the weekend.
Alls I need / Alls I'm sayin - Alls I'm sayin is I need a lobotomy.

Fuck! Will you stop and listen to yourselves for once in a while?

On second thought, this would probably drive me nuts trying TO speak that way and cause me to come down with hives. No one likes hives. No one likes turnips either. Fuck turnips.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's an awesome idea! Now, will you come over to my in-law's and correct them instead of vice versa?? I AIN'T... I DONE it... PRITINEAR (don't know how to spell it because it's not a bloody word!!!) FUSTRATION (that's one of our friends). OMG I can't stand it. All I do is correct people...some people. Ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

Alls I'm seein' here is that youz guys rall a bunch of pritentyous assholes. Just because youz gots your fancy diplomas subposebly you our smarter then me. Maybe if youz guys would excape from your them tiny bubbles youz our stuck in, maybe youz would seen the light. That's alls im sayin'.

Anonymous said...

So... did you do it?? What was the outcome?? I wanna know!!

Hoser Dave said...

Yeah, I tried to do it. Really. I gave it several attempts. A few were thwarted by not being able to work them into conversation properly, and the others I aborted before I sounded like a complete fucking retard.

I think I'll try to take an inventory of all the instances I come across.

Darin said...

Expresso: "Lets go to starbucks for an expresso!"

Ryan...relax...I know LOTS of people go to school for 6 years. Just not 'highschool'. ;)